Start Here: Introduction and Website Map
- “I just want them to say, “Mommy”/”Daddy.”
- “I don’t think they even care if I am around.”
- “They can’t tell me if they are hungry, hurt, or mistreated at school”.
- “Why do they do that?” “Why are they spinning things?”
- “Will they get married?”
- “Who is going to take care of them when I am gone?”
- “I love relating and communicating with my child.”
- “I love connecting and sharing joy together with my child every day.”
- “I understand and can show others how my child communicates”.
- “I feel empowered understanding my child’s sensory processing profile.”
- “I am excited to watch my child’s development unfold.”
- “I am honoured to scaffold and support my child’s development.”
Here is your guide to relating and engaging with your child using the Developmental, Individual differences, Relationship-based (DIR) model and Floortime. You’ll be having fun together in no time! Happy viewing!
- What is DIR/Floortime? An overview and understanding of what DIR/Floortime is all about
- Introduction to DIR/Floortime Hear the late Dr. Stanley Greenspan and Dr. Serena Wieder discuss important aspects of the model
- The Learning Tree Hear Dr. Stanley Greenspan’s son, Jake Greenspan, describe the important aspects of the DIR Model
- Why DIR/Floortime? Read about our experience with selecting an approach to support our autistic son’s growth and development, settling on DIR/Floortime
- Brain Research Study Watch the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s coverage of the ground-breaking study at York University in Toronto that showed the decrease of stress responses and an increase in social-emotional connections in the brains of autistic children after receiving a year of DIR/Floortime
- My Biggest Revelations from being a Floortime Parent: Part 1 (includes video & audio podcast)
- My Biggest Revelations from being a Floortime Parent: Part 2 (includes video & audio podcast)
Hear my story about why I chose Floortime and created this website:
For more in depth details and insights see We chose play.
SEARCH ALL BLOGS AND PODCASTS BY CLICKING ONE OF THE BUTTONS BELOW: