Support Affect Autism
Affect Autism is an independent volunteer endeavor. The site was created to empower parents by saving them the time and energy that we expended when our child was diagnosed with autism as we looked for the best approach. We believe a respectful developmental approach will bring out children’s authentic potential and wanted others to have access to learn about the Developmental, Individual differences, Relationship-based (DIR) model and Floortime. Note that Affect Autism is the parent outreach for, but remains independent from, the Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning (ICDL) and Daria Brown receives a small stipend from ICDL as their Parent Advocate for holding the weekly Parent Support Meetings.
There are a few ways you can help support our efforts in getting the word about this wonderful developmental approach:
- Sign up for our updates
- Check out the blog/podcasts
- Tell others about Affect Autism
- Tell others about Autism DATA which advocates for developmental, relationship-based therapies
- Check our Services link to find practitioners in your area
- Check our Events link and sign up for the online parent support drop-in
- Become a member of Affect Autism
- Donate to ICDL, the not-for-profit home of DIR/Floortime
Become a Member of Affect Autism
Become a member of Affect Autism through our Patreon page where you can have access to all Floortime videos, your questions answered on upcoming podcasts, weekly bonus videos, and more for as little as $5 US/month! It’s a great way to show your appreciation for the website and help to raise money to improve the podcast and website.